One of the best things about Sage 50 is how immensely flexible it is. Thanks to the presence of tons of add-ons, you can pretty much customize the software according to your the specific needs of your business. For starters, you can add a robust payroll management system, a credit card payment processor system, and even an app that connects to your software for real-time customer and inventory information and management on the fly. Other add-ons include a trucking dispatch software, order/invoicing front ends, a powerful POS retail management program, inventory management, and so much more!
Pricing & Features
While Sage 50 is specifically aimed at small businesses, it comes in three flavors so as to cater to different needs as well as budgets. This review will shine the spotlight on all three and give a rundown of what you can and cannot do within each subscription plan. The great thing about this is that you will get a robust set of features, regardless of which plan you ultimately choose to go with, as you will see below.
Sage 50 Pro: – This is the most basic of the three plans and it provides you with the most essential accounting features. Starting at $249 per year, for 1 user, this plan will give you the ability to:
- customize reports
- record bills, write checks and keep track of credits and returns
- analyze vendors to negotiate the best prices
- attach documents to transactions and records
- track 4 years worth of budget via the Comparative Budget Spreadsheet Creator
- perform conversions from Quickbooks
- receive email alerts, forms, reports, and other financial statements
- manage inventory, including assemblies, average/LIFO/FIFO costing methods, and back orders
- create quotes and sales orders
- invoice your customers
- add a payroll management solution
- add a credit card payment processor
Sage 50 Premium: – Starting at $299 and topping off at $1,099 per year, for 1-5 users, this plan will give you all of the benefits of the previous plan plus the following advanced accounting features that allow you to:
- perform advanced budgeting
- archive company data
- view audit trails
- change order processing
- take advantage of their Company Consolidation Wizard
- get access to the Customer Management Center
- get access to the Inventory & Services Management Center
- utilize a streamlined billing process
- view transaction histories
- get access to the Vendor Management Center
- and more!
Sage 50 Quantum: – Starting at $1,199 per year and topping off at $2,949 per year, this is the top-of-the-line version of Sage 50 that was developed to handle large data requirements, and allows you to add as much as 40 users and give each access based on their role. In addition to providing you with all of the features of the previous two plans, this also gives you:
- faster performance, thanks to SmartPosting technology
- interactive job reporting
- access to the Job Navigation Center
- access to the Job & Project Management Center
- access to My Dashboard and My Dashboard Modules
- automation for Order Process Workflow
- role-based security for various users
- industry-specific solutions for Manufacturing, Construction and Distribution
- and more!
You also have the choice to avail of a free trial for each plan, as well as take advantage of their personalized demo offer wherein they will customize the tour of the software according to your specific needs. This really helpful one-on-one demo with one of their advisors allow you to get a good feel to see exactly how the software would work for you. They also provide a money-back guarantee for first time customers, which ensures that you will get a refund, minus any rebate you may have received from the purchase, if you are absolutely sure that Sage 50 is just not suited for your business.
Sage 50 has an excellent suite of customer support options that covers most, if not all, of the bases. You can give them a call, send a direct email, or initiate a live chat session. Alternatively, they also have a bustling community filled with Sage customers, employees and product experts where you can ask for assistance or even share ideas. Or, if you wish to resolve your issue on your own, they have pretty comprehensive knowledgebase section that will help you do just that. Whether you find their software complex or are simply lost, Sage’s excellent customer support definitely has got you covered in order to get you back up on your feet!
What's the Verdict on Sage 50?
Sage 50 Review 2020 – Conclusion
Sage 50 is one of the best choices out there whether you are looking to migrate from spreadsheet accounting to something more automated, or simply searching for a robust accounting software that will make your business’ accounting process more efficient and streamlined. With it you can easily generate, customize and even share detailed reports, manage payroll, employee data, inventory and services. And, thanks to incredible flexibility via tons of optional add-ons, Sage 50 is absolutely perfect for just about any kind of business. They also have a free trial and a personalized demo offer so you can give it a test drive to see if it is exactly what you are looking for before committing to anything. So, what are you waiting for? Check out Sage 50 now!