As mentioned, Hostwinds offers 6 different VPS solutions with each having its own 10 pricing tiers. There’s simply no way to go about it, but just to dive right in. (This is only an overview of what Hostwinds can offer. It’s still best to check the vast options available on their website.)
- Budget VPS – This hosting plan is for users who need a powerful set of features at an affordable price. It’s not lightweight on the VPS features though, as it employs enterprise-grade hardware and full service management. Pricing starts at $7.50 per month with .5 CPU cores, 1 – 1.25GB RAM, 25GB storage, and a transfer speed of 100Mbps. The highest tier is at $88.50 per month and it will give you 5 CPU cores, 12 – 12.5GB RAM, 300GB storage, and 1000Mbps transfer speed.
- Premium VPS – This premium Linux option is for those that require more stability and speed. Like the budget hosting plan, the customer can also choose any Linux operating system and full server management. But this hosting option comes with unmetered bandwidth frequency. The tiers rise exponentially in price and features, with the lowest at $13.50 per month and the highest at $105.50 per month.
- Windows VPS – If you’re a Windows user, then this option is for you. It comes with the standard VPS features like redundant network, instant scalability, and 24/7 monitoring, and unlimited bandwidth, just to name a few. Tier 1 is $13.50 per month and tier 10 is at $105.50 per month.
- SSD VPS – Hostwinds’ enterprise Linux SSD VPS plan is for those users whose priority is speed. They have 10Gbps uplinks to every user, and a guarantee of optimal uptimes. The lowest option comes at $13.50 per month and the priciest one at $129.50 per month.
- Minecraft VPS – This option of a Minecraft server hosting is unique to Hostwinds. It provides a pre-configured server meant for the video game Minecraft. The first tier is at $8.00 per month that allows a maximum of 10 players and the last tier allows a maximum of 350 players at $160 per month.
Hostwinds customers can rest assured that the network for their website is fully dedicated to their traffic with 99.9% uptime guarantee. Hostwind is able to do this by not overselling server bandwidths and not sharing bandwidth between cloud servers.
They provide Windshield, which is their customized solution to protect VPS from hackers, trojans and worms by blocking threats in real time before they even reach the servers.
WindSpeed ensures that your sites load fast and perform optimally and consistently. This add-on feature comes with analytics to test your code for performance and optimization, preparing your site for traffic spikes and manage your CPU usage.
Hostwinds is focused on providing customer satisfaction, making sure each customer is treated like family. Their website provides a knowledgebase of information, video tutorials, and FAQs. Live chat and telephone support is available 24/7. And a unique direct contact with the company’s CEO if you’re not satisfied with the level of support given to you.
What's the Verdict on Hostwinds?
Hostwinds VPS Hosting Review 2020 – Conclusion
Hostwinds seems to have something to offer for every user need and budget. You can choose a VPS solution with the pricing tier that exactly fits your business or website requirements. They advertise a 60-day free trial but it’s best to ensure the fine print behind it and possible hidden fees. Just the same, Hostwinds looks committed to fulfilling their mission and promise to keep customers happy. They don’t brandish homegrown technology like other providers, but they have selected a decent array of features and options to choose from and two US-based servers that’s they own and maintain. Having been around for a little over a decade, they’re a company that is just getting its bearings in the shared hosting scene. Take the mixed reviews with a grain of salt and consider how a virtual newbie burst into the scene and manage to gain such popularity in a short period of time.