How Appy Couple Works
Getting started with Appy Couple is a painless process. You start by choosing a design for your website and app, then you enter the necessary information (stories about and pictures of the couple, key people, event and travel data, your registry, etc.). After that, you enter your guest list and send out invitations. Once invitations have been sent out (via email or SMS), your guests will be able to browse and RSVP via visiting your website or downloading your app. Guests can only see the website or app if they have your private wedding code. Guests who download the app will also be able to upload pictures of you and the wedding and chat with other guests. You will be notified each time someone responds to the RSVP, and you can send out additional reminders and messages, as well.
Appy Couple Templates
Depending on which pricing plan you select, you can choose from Appy Couple’s selection of themes. The lower paid tier allows you access to the Boutique Collection of templates, which is quite exhaustive (over 500); the higher paid tier adds options from the Luxury Collection, which includes limited edition designs created by designers like Carolina Herrera.
You can change designs at any point of time by simply selecting a new template. My wife and I had a great time browsing through all of the options which included plain colors, patterns, floral designs, vintage designs, and even overlays of maps (New York, London, etc). Designs are applied to both your website and your app. All of our guests commented on how nice the website and app looked.
Appy Couple Features
Appy Couple is an exceedingly simple wedding website builder to use. That being said, it comes with a fairly complete list of features.
- Web-based Editor. You can access your editor from your phone or computer – wherever you are. The editor is your home base where you manage the entire system.
- Sharing Information. The website has dedicated areas to upload important and fun pieces of information including:
- Stories (e.g. how you met, how you got engaged, etc.)
- Key People (bridal party, best man and maid of honor, parents, siblings, etc.) with pictures and stories
- Events (reception, ceremony, bachelor and bachelorette parties, and anything else) that you can set to be only visible invited guests
- Travel information
- Registries (Appy Couple interfaces with most major wedding registries) directly accessible from your website
- Guest List & RSVP Management. One of Appy Couple’s nicest features; this is reviewed in detail in the next section.
- Photo & Video Gallery and Editing. You can add photos and videos of yourselves as well as the event and share them with everyone. The nice thing about Appy Couple is that once you pay for it, you have it forever. In addition to before the wedding, we used the website afterwards to show everyone our pictures as well as to get everybody else’s pictures.
- E-mail & SMS Messaging. Beyond the invites, Appy Couple allows you to send out reminders, updates, and general communication e-mails and text messages (all matching your chosen template design). Be aware, the text messaging function only works in the US and cannot be used to message guests from abroad.
- Stationery! This was a really nice feature. We spent quite a long time deciding which website template we wanted to use. After choosing your template, AppyCouple takes that choice into account and designs free versions of printable table and placement cards, physical invites, and even thank you cards. The similar look and feel of our website and stationery added consistency and elegance to all wedding communications.
- Extra Widgets. Appy Couple allows you to add all sorts of games and entertainment to your website and app, like countdowns, virtual champagne toasts, and even little puzzle for your guests to play. Personally, we didn’t use any of these but they are there if you want them!
Guest Lists, Invites, and the RSVP System
One of the nicest aspects of Appy Couple is its guest management system. The first thing you do is upload a list of all of your guests, their contact information, whether or not they have plus ones, and which events they are invited to. You can upload these manually or through an Excel import if you already have your list written somewhere. The system for this is easy and intuitive, though we did have some trouble understanding how to do plus ones.
When adding plus ones, add the guest and then just mark how many plus ones they have. When the guest RSVPs, they will put in all of their plus ones’ information. This isn’t so intuitive but is a great addition as you won’t need to track down all of your friends’ latest significant others.
Once you have uploaded your guest list, Appy Couple will arrange all of them into families and groups for you. It will also pull out a guest count of how many people are invited to each separate event.
Inviting guests is as easy as the rest of it. In Appy Couple’s “Email & Share” area, you choose what type of message you want to send, fill out the message, mark which guests you want to send it to, and hit send. Appy Couple is not an e-mail system at its core so your customization options are a little limited here, but it’s more than enough for what most people will need. Once you have sent messages, you will be able to see how many have been sent, how many have been received, and even how many have been opened.
Real-Time Notifications and Informative RSVP Responses
Guests RSVP through the website to events individually so a guest might accept one event but decline another. If you have the app, you will get real-time notifications every time someone RSVP’s (which I admit is a little nerve-wracking!). Otherwise, you can log in to your dashboard to see who has RSVP’d which way. Later, you can send messages to groups of people based on who has accepted, declined, or not responded.
You can also add additional poll questions that guests can answer when they RSVP, which can be useful for getting information about meal choices (especially for vegetarians or people with food allergies). All of that information is saved and can be downloaded into spreadsheets.
Appy Couple Pricing
Appy Couple has two pricing plans based on your access to designs: the “Boutique Collection” and “Luxury Collection”. The Boutique Collection is a $35 one-time fee and the Luxury Collection is a $69 one-time fee. These prices are low compared to competitors, and extremely low compared to designing, printing, and mailing real invites.
What's the Verdict on Appy Couple?
Appy Couple Review 2017 – Conclusion
In conclusion, Appy Couple is a pleasure to use and a major money-saver. It has a few cons but they are more small kinks in the system than anything major and we are confident that the platform will only improve with time. It wouldn’t surprise us in the slightest to see more and more people moving to a system like this for managing their wedding.